A message from Mihlon Family Chiropractic Center
I know you all have been bombarded with notices, news and emails about the COVID-19 pandemic.
WE ARE OPEN
We have actively been cleaning and disinfecting ALL surfaces! All door handles/knobs, counter tops, tables, ipad, etc. We have always practiced wonderful hygiene practices but now we have doubled our efforts.
All adjustment tables are wiped after each patient.
There is still much more YOU can do to protect yourself during these times.
Your immune system is your #1 defense against any viral/bacterial infection. Fortunately, we have ultimate control over the state of our immune systems and our families. Here are some of the best practices that we follow in our own homes.
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP Often minimized as a source of immune response but studies have shown that deep sleep improves the immune system directly. Lower you lights 1 hour before bedtime, minimize backlit screens and cuddle your loved ones until you are lulled into a drowsy state. Do not fight it. Let your natural physiology take over and drift off into a deep slumber.
- HYDRATION The #1 deficient nutrient in most Americans is WATER. Staying hydrated is critical for EVERY biochemical process in your body including your immune system. The only side effect to proper hydration is that you will “pee” a lot. Inconvenient, I get it, but a small price to pay.
- GET ADJUSTED Regular chiropractic adjustments have been proven to boost your immune system (1). This is accomplished by improving the state of the nervous system which in turn, improves the immune system.
- EAT WELL Be sure to eat a healthy diet. Avoid sugars, if possible, and don’t overeat. Raw, organic, fresh, green, veggies, fruits, fish, lean meats are best.
- HEALTHY SOCIALIZATION Although the government has declared we stay in place and social distancing, I strongly encourage you to reconnect with your nuclear family thru conversation, family games, and lots of hugs and cuddling. Family communication and physical touch have been long associated with decreased stress and improved overall health including the immune systems of the entire family!
Thank you all for the opportunity to serve you and your families.
Dr. Anita L. Mihlon, D.C. & Sharon, Office Manager